Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Playaways

I have to say, Playaways are awesome! I just received a large order of them for the library. They are expensive ($40-80) but worth it. Many of my students don't have cassette players, so I got rid of all the books on tape during the pre-construction weeding. It wasn't a large selection anyway. The Playaways are very user friendly since they are all in one units.

I'm finally finding out what all the fuss about The Lightening Thief is about since I swiped the audiobook as soon as it came in. I'm listening to it in between classes (and when the construction isn't too loud) so it is hard to get into a rhythm. It's a good story, though, and I can see why it is so popular. Action, suspense, it's all there.

Construction continues - more plastic went up today as our former periodicals room was taken out. And the power to our 4 card catalog stand alones ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment